Why should you consolidate your loans with America First Credit Union?
- A variety of consolidation loans available, including - Home Equity, visa cards, personal and auto loans. So, for whatever reason you’re looking to consolidate, it should be covered by this provider
- Great APRs in some cases - 2.74% is a rate that’ll only be offered in exceptional circumstances to those requesting small loans and who also have an excellent credit rating. Still, for those fortunate enough to fall into that bracket, the APR is certainly lower than the industry average
- No origination fees - It’s common in the industry for a charge of between 1% and 5% to be added as payment for setting up and maintaining the account. With a sizable consolidation loan, this can cost thousands of dollars. Thankfully, customers won’t have to worry about that with America First Credit Union
- Long terms available - Home equity loans range up to 20 years, auto loans to seven years, and personal loans up to five years. By spreading payments over such a great length of time, you’ll face increased interest fees in the long run. However, if you’re looking to reduce your monthly fees in the short term, this could be an ideal option
What are the eligibility requirements?
The main determinant for eligibility will be your credit score. This will be confirmed following your application, and the score required may differ for each loan. A definitive answer is only available in this case by applying. It’ll frustrate many who are browsing their options, because most competitors make this clear from the offset, saving people wasting their time applying for a loan they have no chance of being accepted for.
As previously mentioned, only those in Idaho, Utah, Arizona, or Nevada may apply.
How to apply for an America First Credit Union consolidation loan?
First of all, you’ll need to become a registered member of the credit union. Following that, applications are taken online and will require information regarding employment, housing, personal details, etc.
- Service team call center available from 8 am until 8 pm Monday to Friday
- Visit one of over 100 branches
What types of debt can be consolidated with America First Credit Union?
- Home equity
- Visa cards
America First Credit Union has some aspects which will make it attractive to some prospective clients. Its long terms stand out as a positive feature. However, it leaves a lot to be desired overall. Only citizens from four states can apply, and there’s a lack of clear information on the website.
Why not take a look at Avant? It’s a widely available loan provider with a highly renowned customer service team. Marcus Goldman Sachs is another service with much to offer. It offers loan terms of up to 84 months, and even those with only a ‘fair’ credit rating may be eligible.